Saturday, August 18, 2012

China Glaze - Exotic Encounters and a comparison

  Hi! Happy Saturday! I have Exotic Encounters from the On Safari collection. A dusky teal creme. The formula was really nice and smooth, not too thick like some of their other recent polishes. I couldn't resist this one even though I was pretty sure I had something very similar... surprisingly, I do not.


2 coats
 
shade 



I've seen a few people asking on the nail board if it was close to O.P.I Jade is The New Black, did a little comparison for myself. They're quite different, but in case you were wondering...



EE on middle and pinkie
JiTNB on ring and pointer

14 comments:

  1. I love this color and bought it! I haven't used it yet though. My teals are increasing! I've heard this one stains though. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didn't have any staining problems! you should try it out soon :)

      Delete
  2. I completely ADORE this color. I want to marry it and snuggle it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, big difference! EE would be really nice with a yellow and grey outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so helpful! I was sure it was too close to JITNB that I passed on it, and now I want- thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME!! Glad I helped! :) Jade always tricks me... I always think it is way more teal, every time i put it on i'm like 'o ya you're green' lol

      Delete
  5. Awesome comparison!! I was for sure wondering how similar this was to JITNB and I'm glad to see that they are quite different =) Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colors look interesting next to one another. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love comparisons always. I have not picked up Exotic Encounters (yet)...my Sally's was out of it the first week the collection came out and never got any more in. I still seem to think of this shade. like you wondering if I have something real close to it already - and like you keep coming up with 'think not.' I have a ton of teal creams however. I still seem to want to look and try to find this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally think its worth it! i have a teal problem myself, but this was an immediate favorite and the formula is gorgeous.

      Delete
  8. I really love this teal! It's so rich and creamy. And yes, it's a nicely unique shade as well. So, so pretty. :D

    ReplyDelete